wireless network with old win98 PC - possible?

spot the braincell 08:28 07 Nov 05

I have a "state of the ark" Tiny PC running win98 and also a new Dell laptop. The latter is wireless enabled but the former isn't.

I want to get them both wireless and networked, so understand I need a newtork card for the Tiny and a wireless router.

Question, is there likely to be somewhere on the Tiny to stick it and will the PC be up to it anyway and also any recommendations for a card and a router and where to get them.

PaulB2005 08:30 07 Nov 05

I've recently added a PCI Wireless card to an old Tiny PC with Win98 and it worked fine.

You need to check if you have a white PCI slot free.

woodchip 13:39 07 Nov 05

You need one with Ethernet so you can set the router up, also if it stops working

spot the braincell 13:57 07 Nov 05

Thanks for the responses guys.
Woodchip: is the purpose of the ethernet so I can connect both into the set top box, if the wireless bit doesn't work.

Alternatively,

can I keep the Tiny plugged in as it is via USB to the NTL set top box AND have a wireless router just for the laptop, meaning I've no need for the card in the Tiny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…