Wireless Network oddity?

Woodie29 17:39 27 Jul 05

I have a wireless network that incorporates my main pc a novatech and my laptop a toshiba, both are running xp with svc pack 2 and have file and printer sharing enabled, they both have antivirus - norton. The laptop you can use to go on the internet but cannot see files on the pc and vice versa, I have unplugged and re plugged the 3 com wireless router and have tried disbling and reenabling the ip address. unfortunatly the problem remains, can anyone help?

Batch 18:44 27 Jul 05

Don't know if this will help at all, but I use ZoneAlarm as firewall and had to enable access in the firewall to the other IP addresses in the local network.

In ZoneAlarm this meant creating an Trusted IP address range covering my local net.

Maybe you should try something similar

Esso43 18:48 27 Jul 05

Most of the problems I have with home network involve firewalls you must ensure that they both allow access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…