Wireless Network- NTL Broadband

JohnBhoy1 20:20 01 Jun 05

Guys,

Need a bit of advice, my mate has NTL Broadband with a USB modem, not cable modem.

To do a Wireless network share of this, is it as simple as buying a Wireless ROuter with in buoilt ADSL modem so that he can connect his laptop to the Internet without his main PC being on, or do I just need a router to plug the USB modem into.

Any help to links to sites with step by step instructions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JohnBhoy

briggzy 20:12 06 Jun 05

Hi
A wireless router will do but you need to be sure of the current setup, you seem to be suggesting that he is using an adsl modem with ntl broadband?

Strawballs 00:33 07 Jun 05

I have NTL through set top box but my friend across the road has cable modem which has both USB and LAN connections when it was installed the engineer set it up as USB but I have always thought that LAN is more efficient so I swopped it for a Network lead.

flavas 17:21 10 Jun 05

it could either be adsl or cable broadband and not usb modem. NTL provides cable broadband hence a wireless cable modem/router will be what is required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…