Wireless network not sharing files or printers!

joseph.brady2 12:52 17 Oct 05

High , recently bought a wireless g broadband router by Linksys , plugged the cables in as requested used its wizard , and great the laptop , I purchased for my wife says excellent signal strenghth , but one is unable to share any files or the printer , what does one do next , is it the TCP settings or firewalls ETC.
Many Thanks

The Kestrel 17:55 17 Oct 05

If your new laptop has XP as its operating system, then there is a wireless network set up wizard. This will take you through, step by step, to set up a home network to shre files and printers. I think you have only used the internet set up wizard to set up an internet link between your PCs.

To find the wireless network wizard go to:

Start > Control panel > wireless network wizard

Strawballs 22:38 17 Oct 05

Also make sure that you setup one of the forms of encryption that the linksys provides and your wifes laptop should be able to detect which type and ask you for the key code that you used.
Also if the printer shareing is unsuccesful after running the wizard then go to settings printers right click you printer icon and enable shareing the on your wifes laptop go to the same place and click on add a printer and follow instructions and when it asks for the network pathway click on browse and it should find you printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…