Wireless Network- not seeing my computers

PeterCutting 10:04 20 Jul 04

OK, sorry there are lots of previous threads long these lines but none seem to get to the crux of my problem. I have a belkin router modem and a wirless conection that works fine for my PC and Laptop connecting to the web... but they do not see each other for file sharing. I have run the XP wizard on both but am not sure which of the available wizard network configs I have as none of the options are wireless that they show. I am using XP on both computers and run norton internet security.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Peter

hillybilly 12:52 20 Jul 04

The first thing you should do is estabish yuor network, so you need to either disable nortons or even unistall it so that it does not interfer, Of course because you taking that down you need to unplug the adsl phone so that nothing nasty can pop in.

Now you can run the network wizard on pc1 choosing the option where it says you connect through residential gateway, once finished move on to the other pc and run the wizard there as well, choosing the same options as pc1. Now you should have the network established and you can move on to Nortons.

Now you reinstall nortons to both pc's after which you acn plug the adsl back in, when nortons should update itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…