Wireless Network Newbie Help

rovers95 13:00 14 Feb 08

Im tearing my hair out not that there is much left of that - just bought a wireless dongle thingy - uploaded the driver, found the network settings in the control panel, added in the ssid, and key codes clicked ok and hey presto my wireless network is active and working

yippee I said to myself - until

I went back to my pc having switched it off and none of the netowrk ids - ie the ssid and the key codes could be found, and windows wouldnt find it - so - i put the whole lot in again and it works

windows xp, windows 2000, TL Link Dongle, SKY BB and a Sagem router

My problem seems to be holding the network details in woindows but I aint a clue how to solve

Kemistri 00:43 15 Feb 08

That seems a very odd way of doing it. You would normally use the WLAN icon in the notification area, from which you browse for your network by its SSID and connect to it, entering the PSK as necessary. WZC will save those settings and make it an automatic choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…