Wireless network with ME & XP pro SP2 (HELP!)

Jakey boy 14:01 10 Nov 04

Well it's taken me long enough to finally admit defeat on this one, but here goes.

I had a wireless network running a while back using ME as the "host" and XP pro as the other half of the network. When I sold the second (XP) machine, I obviously had no need for the network. But now I have built another PC, installed XP pro with SP2 and everything is rosy. Except I can't get the damn network set up! Nothing has changed on the ME machine, but I have an Asus mobo on the XP machine with the ASUS Wi-Fi card fitted. So far, both computers can see each other, the ping test works both ways, but I have no idea how to set the XP computer to connect with the internet through my Broadband connection on the other one (ME). Any help or acvice would be greatly appreciated, I've been at it for two days now, and patience is running thin. Please help!!

Brian-336451 15:00 10 Nov 04

On the SP2 machine, disable the firewall in the Security Centre, reboot and try again.

Might well be that 'intercepting' the connection.

Try it, and if it IS that, you can make an 'exception' of this connection.

Jakey boy 15:24 10 Nov 04

Thanks for the reply, but it's not that. I seem to have completely forgotten how to connect through my network connection. I also managed to access the shared files on the XP machine, but couldn't access the ME computer from the XP one (?) About to pull all hair out now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…