Wireless network loses connection after start-up

rpb40 19:41 24 Jul 04

Hi there. I have a NTL cable modem, Linksys wireless router with 3 computers on the network linked by either wireless PCI card or network adaptor. On one PC only (the main one) I invariably lose internet wireless connectivity, usually within a few minutes of start-up. If I disable the PCI card and then re-enable it in device manager all is well and the problem does not recur until I re-start the PC. I suspect a conflict somewhere although device manager reveals nothing. Any ideas please?

denchris 20:51 24 Jul 04

I rather fancy your connection to first PC should be wired, and wireless to the other two that`s how mine is set up, no problems..

rpb40 21:03 24 Jul 04

Thank you, that may be the ultimate solution, but I was hoping to avoid any more cables about the house, if possible. Meanwhile I've uncovered MS knowledge base item 828940 that seems to fit the bill. However the hotfix is not available as a download and I must wait for MS support to provide the necessary fix. But if anyone has other ideas on what might be the problem I shall be interested to hear them.
Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…