Wireless Network With Laptop not desktop

DexterDog 14:59 04 Nov 07

Hi thank goodness for this forum for people who need help I say......
Right my old desktop now has a Netgear Wireless router and modem replacing the old ADSL BT broadband modem.I set the new modem up no problem and the desktop is connected with wires...the new Xmas present laptop immediately found a wireless connection so I named a network and password and it went great guns sharing my AOL connection on both PC`s.
What worries me is the desktop shows no sign of teh wireless network etc so is it ok that just the Laptop is set up and showing the Wireless Network name and password etc or do I or should I have this set up on the desktop too?
I presume we are safe having it just on teh laptop? I have a long name ands pasword to protect it and presume it automatically scrambled data etc..it says PROTECTED next to the network name on the laptop is this ok?
Also is it ok that teh desktop has no sign of a network name and settings? ( it is not wireless enabled just connected by yellow wire)

daxian 15:09 04 Nov 07

hi dexterdog.....
yes all is fine ,and will perform perfectly..
you will only see wireless on the desktop if you add a wireless card ,which you might at a later stage .Dave

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:10 04 Nov 07

What worries me is the desktop shows no sign of teh wireless network

is the desktop wireless enabled?
is the wireless zero configuration running in services?

I presume we are safe having it just on teh laptop? I have a long name ands pasword to protect it and presume it automatically scrambled data etc..it says PROTECTED next to the network name on the laptop is this ok?

Yes if it says "Security enabled" better if using WPA security rather than WEP.

DexterDog 16:53 04 Nov 07

Thank you both very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…