wireless network keeps disconnecting

bigboab y 16:12 10 Aug 06

I have a BT voyager wireless PCI card in my desktop talking to a Buffalo Airstation router.. evry cuppla minutes,I get an annoying wee balloon saying the wireless network has disconnected.. this lasts for about 2 seconds..it then reconnects . anybody had this problem ?? The tower unit is about 2 feet away from the router ... My laptop upstairs connects no bother wirelessly.

bigboab y 16:14 10 Aug 06

meant to mention that when it IS running ok, the signal strength is usually excellent at 54 megs

ArrGee 16:17 10 Aug 06
  bigboab y 16:25 10 Aug 06

Thanks for that Arrgee.. followed that link..I "run" services.msc to discover that the wzc thingy is already disabled. So it aint that ..

ArrGee 16:38 10 Aug 06

Which operating system are you running?

ArrGee 16:40 10 Aug 06

If you have SP2 installed, the most likely cause of these disconnections is Media Sense, or a glitch in SP2. Visit these two sites to find out how to fix these.
click here
click here

Cymro. 17:39 10 Aug 06

I have same problem as BIGBOAB V and have now taken your advice ARRGEE. I have disabled the W.Z.C. Looking forward to less problems.Many thanks.

bigboab y 18:16 10 Aug 06

Following that link from argee about going into registry (ooo scary) it got me thinking.. so I went into msconfig and startup to find that the Buffalo Client Manager plus Window's wireless networking were both starting up together.. I unticked the Buffalo thingy and .. lo and behold things are looking rosy.. no more annoying window and (so far) no disconnections... Moral? Let your windows do the walking.. Thanks all..

Cymro. 18:26 10 Aug 06

If BIGBOAB V is going to stick with windows by "unticking the Buffalo thingy" then I assume that I will be only using BT to get my wireless signal as I have stoped the windows option?

bigboab y 18:30 10 Aug 06

I'm on telewest and its working fine Cymro... dont think its anything to do with BT.

Cymro. 18:40 10 Aug 06

you misunderstand me BIGBOAB V I know you are not on BT. BT just happens to be the wireless system that I use.You will be glad to here that I have not lost my signal since I disabled the W.Z.C. not so far anyway.
Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…