wireless network keeps disconecting

Bronica 18:37 28 Jul 03

I have setup a wireless network using a D Link ADSL wireless router which allows me to share internet conection and files between desktop and laptop. This works ok but the laptop keeps disconecting from the network. It is not a range prob as signal is excellent but after about a min the popup reports wireless network not available and I just click conect and its fine again foe a few mins. The laptop is using a Belkin pcmcia card f506020 ver .2. Anybody got any ideas.

AdeJ 19:02 28 Jul 03

I'm not familiar with that particular model but you might ant to check the power management options as many wireless cards can go into a power-save mode if there has been no traffic through them for a certain time.

Bronica 19:11 28 Jul 03

I haven't come across any power management setting during config but I will have another look. Thanks

Bronica 19:22 28 Jul 03

No AdeJ there dosn't seem to be any power magagement setting as far as I can see.

jazzypop 20:24 28 Jul 03

If you are using XP, try right-clicking My Computer, choose Manage > Services, and disable Wireless Zero Configuration - this service often conflicts with wireless devices.

Also check that you are using the latest D-Link firmware (from the D-Link website).

Bronica 17:42 03 Aug 03

I think its ok now, the option to stop card going into power save mode was not shown because Win XP was managing the card. I reinstalled the card and used advanced install now the belkin wirless lan monitor is in charge and i can turn off powersave.
Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5