wireless network internet sharing

01chris 16:14 24 Apr 05

i have 2 laptops that are networked using a wireless connection. one is xp home and the one with the internet connection is win 98. they can see each other and transfer files fine. but when it comes to using ics the xp home latop says that i need to check the proxy settings which i am pretty sure are correct. my browser is mozilla firefox

LastChip 22:48 24 Apr 05

Have you used the auto-detect feature in Firefox?

mgmcc 11:18 25 Apr 05

Have you actually set up "Internet Connection Sharing" in the Windows 98 laptop, which is a rather more complicated procedure than with Windows XP? Also, it must be Windows 98 "Second Edition" to support ICS.

If you are running Zone Alarm in the ICS "host" PC, the Internet Zone Security level must be reduced from High to Medium or ICS traffic will be blocked.

01chris 16:41 25 Apr 05

no i havent i will give that a go

01chris 16:43 25 Apr 05

i used the wizard type thing which you have to install under the add remove windows components. It is 98 SE and i am not using zone alarm or anything similar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…