wireless network and IE

lostinspacebar 12:08 03 Apr 05

hey ppl i run 2 puters on a sweet wireless network.
the desktop while surfing seems ok however will not load the odd pages. cant get onto online banking nor will it connect to windows updates.
the laptop on the same network accesses these sites
when i switch back to ordinary broadband modem desktop accesses the sites no problem.
both puters run xp and both are fully updated.
any ideas?

pauldonovan 12:14 03 Apr 05

If so, then obviously the desktop is the issue. Do you have another connection mechanism you can try for the desktop (i.e. dial-up) and does that have the same problems?

lostinspacebar 12:53 03 Apr 05

hey paul laptop and desktop work fine when coupled to my bt voyager modem.
however as i said desktop wont access certain sites on wireless setup while the laptop will

pauldonovan 17:02 04 Apr 05

..what errors do you get?

It might be worth running some network diagnostics on the desktop, i'm not sure of any great ones but if you can ping something (e.g. router/another pc) from the desktop, you could try running ping with -t at the end just to get a repeated ping.

e.g.

ping somemachine -t

If you see some timeouts etc. then at least it means it is general networking issue rather than IE / Web page specific.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…