Wireless network help

chrisbenwalker 20:26 31 Aug 07

I have recently gone to cable for my broadband after having a nightmare with Orange, and I am trying to set up a wireless network.
I have a belkin wireless router, and configured it right (i think) by just following the on screen instructions.
I can find the network with my psp, although my advent 7102 laptop wont fire up the wireless card. I think this means it cant find the netowrk? It is an internal card, and I had no problems when it was looking for my Orange wireless box.
Any thoughts?

howard64 20:43 31 Aug 07

if you have not removed the orange log on info it will still be looking for that. With most of these devices you set up from the main pc and it sends info to a flash drive or something similar and you then plug that in to the other pc and you should have contact.

chrisbenwalker 21:13 31 Aug 07

My laptop has the option of doing the flash drive setup, but my pc does not.
I'm a bit of a novice and not sure what to do.
Every time I open the network wizard on the laptop, and search for wireless network, it keeps saying there isnt one available, because the wireless card is not firing up.
Is there an easy solution?

chrisbenwalker 12:32 02 Sep 07

Still no luck with the wireless setup.
If I use a USB wireless adaptor, I can find the netowrk in my house, although the Ralink internal wireless card wont find the network.

I am using a Belkin f5d7230-4 wireless router, and an Advent 7102 laptop. As previously mentioned, I had no problem with the orange wireless router I had. Now, with my Virgin cable broadband, I'm having no luck - the internal wireless card wont have it.

Previously its been said that if I had not changed the settings, then it is still looking for the old network. Sorry for being thick, but I dont know how to change the settings on the laptop card to find the new one. Can anyone help?

chrisbenwalker 14:44 02 Sep 07

Anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac