Wireless Network Help

acsmanhtml12 10:15 11 Jun 06

I have two PC's one is connected to my modem wirlessly and the other with a CAT5 Cable. The wired one will not connect to the internet via the modem which my laptop is doing. Please help on the problem. Also, how do I set up some security for the wireless bit of the router, connection is open!

mgmcc 12:17 11 Jun 06

Presumably it is actually a *ROUTER* (or combined modem/router) that you are connecting to and not a basic modem which won't support more than one connection?

If it is a wireless router, have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…