Wireless Network drops broadband connection

kcponline 11:19 29 Apr 05

We have a netgear wireless network running with plusnet as the service provider. The router has an ADSL modem and even the PC with a direct connection is affected. The internet connection drops periodically requiring both PC's & the router to be rebooted before a connection can be re-established.

mgmcc 21:20 29 Apr 05

Try giving the two PCs fixed IP addresses, in the correct range, and see if that helps. For example, if the router's IP address is 192.168.10.1 then give the PCs different addresses in the same 192.168.10.xxx range.

kcponline 21:01 30 Apr 05

Thanks but all kit has fixed IP addresses as given by Plusnet. What I have found is that if I use TRACERT with any of the IP Details I do not get any further than a bt router somewhere. It does not seem to get to a plusnet router. If the connection has been restarted then a trace can be carried all the way through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…