Wireless Network - "did not assign a network addr"

TedoDude 13:54 21 May 05

I am really fed up of this error:

"Limited or No Connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some netwok resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer."

The signal strength rates at Low -> Good. My Wireless Router has no problem assigning a network address to any of the other network computers.

No firewalls are operational on the computer reporting the error (ATHLON).

Repairing does not work, returning the error:

"Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed:
Connecting to the wireless network.

For assistance, contact the person who manages your network".

Well I manage my network so maybe there should be a "If you are the network manager, try KB article #123456".

Sometimes I can connect to the network, although this is just a fluke. I cannot move my router for various reasons.

The network broadcasts SSID's, has no MAC Address Filtering enabled, and is WPA (-PSK) protected (no server)

Would appreciate any possible assistance.

TedoDude 14:19 21 May 05

Crossfingers this is sorted. Swapped my wifi card with a non-used computers one and the connection bar gained 3 signal strength bars.

Connects properly now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…