Wireless Network Connection vanished

SteevWatson 02:09 06 Oct 06

Hi
I have a problem. I went to use my laptop today and the wireless connection has vanished. It was all working fine when I turned it off yesterday but now it is gone. It is not in the system tray and there is no mention if it under network connections. Its almost as if the netowork card has been removed.

Im using a fujitsu siemens lifebook t410 running windows xp tablet edition.

Does anyone have any idea how i can rectify the problem?

Thanks Steve

sean-278262 02:37 06 Oct 06

Reinstall the driver for the wireless off the FS reboot CDs.

SteevWatson 02:40 06 Oct 06

Thanks for the quick reply Creature of the Nite. I should have mentioned I have already tried that.
Thanks Steve

steve12345 03:05 06 Oct 06

Tried removing the network card and putting it back in? It may have worked itself loose.

SteevWatson 03:12 06 Oct 06

thanks steve12345. the network card is built in as its a centrino laptop.
thanks Steve

sean-278262 03:26 06 Oct 06

SteevWatson. Are you sure it is built in. Centrino only means the specific paring of certain processors alongside certain wireless solutions.

steve12345 03:27 06 Oct 06

Tried a system-restore to a few days ago?

or

Try to create a new connection?

brundle 07:47 06 Oct 06

manual for 4010 lists a wireless lan/bluetooth on/off switch on the lefthand side of the notebook
click here
(sorry, no direct link to the pdf); page 15

little ernie 10:25 06 Oct 06

I used to have trouble with losing a connection and sometimes turning off the router and switching it back on used to cure it.

Strawballs 10:28 06 Oct 06

Sounds silly but is there a button for turning off wireless (my HP has) that has been pressed? it happened to me where we never turn it off it took me a while to realise.

SteevWatson 11:38 06 Oct 06

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have tried a system restore and that didn't help. I'm not sure if the networking is built in or not but I don't want to open the case if i can help it incase it voids the warrenty. There is a switch on the side which turns wireless and bluetooth on. this was my first thought however it is turned on and bluetooth is working fine. When you use the switch to turn them off the still show but with a red cross through them as if I'd right clicked and dissabled the connection. But the wireless is different its completely dissapeared from the machine.

Thanks Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5