Wireless Network Connection question?

Chrisann 15:07 15 Nov 06

Well I have now got the Router sorted and it has found a Wireless Network connection. I clicked to see it but it says no Security on it...so don't like to open it.

How do I put security on it so that I can connect my Laptop now etc. Do I open it first?

Thanks for help.

Chrsann.

postie24 15:16 15 Nov 06

Hope this helps click here

Chrisann 16:08 15 Nov 06

I have got the Linksys Router connected Wirelessly but it says it doesn't support any security. So when I log in wirelessly anyone can also see etc. Is there any way of securing my connection..I am rather worried now. Got everything via Network Magic..but no security.!! Help!!!

Thanks.

Chrisann.

postie24 16:14 15 Nov 06

Yes anyone within range can access your network.You have to set up security via your router homepage.Am not to sure myself how to do it,but others im sure will help you out

alexgray104 16:20 15 Nov 06

in mine go to 192.168.1.1 then security, the setup network key

alexgray104 16:21 15 Nov 06

i mine i go to*** sorry

Chrisann 11:30 16 Nov 06

Are we talking the Linksys Web Site here.? On the set up sheet I have it says to open Web browser.and type in those figures..but I get nothing.?

??? Chrisann.

Graham. 13:13 16 Nov 06

One of the computers must be connected to the router by cable, via an ethernet port. If you enter those numbers into that computers' browser, it should connect you to the router configuration window.

Chrisann 15:35 16 Nov 06

Well I would have thought so..but it comes up with a long list and none get me anywhere...yes I am connected by cable with this computer etc. But just can't get it...keep typing click here as I am told but nothing happens. Getting frustrated now...must be a simple way to secure the Network surely. Help..

Chrisann..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…