Wireless Network Connection Properties

flow276 20:57 21 Dec 04

I am trying to set up a wireless network but I do not have the option to select the Wireless Network Connection Properties under Network Connections. I am running XP Home (Version 5.1(Build 2600 xpsp2.030422-1633:Service Pack 1).
I have requested SP2 from Mesh. Is the Wireless Network Connection Properties SP2 functionality? If not, how can I obtain it?

Many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 21:14 21 Dec 04

myITforum.com : Another Reason to Deploy Windows XP SP2 - Wireless Networking
click here

This says:

[quote]Some the new enhancements include the following:

* Built-in support for Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) - This feature was originally included as a downloadable add-on, but its now included in Windows XP.[/quote]

Worth a read through.

flow276 21:19 21 Dec 04

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I will wait for Mesh to send me the SP2 upgrade disks.

Jeffers22 21:20 21 Dec 04

You do not need SP2 to have wireless networking. SP2 does add additional function (eg WPA as pointed out by D S)

The act of installing the equipment and drivers for a wireless product (card, dongle, etc) should immediately (after rebooting perhaps) provide a wireless networking entry, I think in control panel. I'm sure that's what happened in both XP and 98Se on my dual boot laptop. But it was a while ago and the memory isn't what it was!

flow276 21:28 21 Dec 04

Thanks for your reply. I know that I can create a wireless network with my current setup. I was just trying to make it easier!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…