Wireless network connection is lost!

bizee 14:35 30 Mar 08

Hi, I am very new to this forum and not very technical. I hope I can explain my problem well enough for someone to be able to offer some advice.

I have 2 computers, one in the living room, connected to AOL via belkin router, with no problems, even managed to wireless connect PS3 and sons PSP, so I sort of know what I am doing there. I had connection on the 2nd computer, but it has stopped working completely. It has windows XP installed with service pack 2 and the wireless hardware was already installed on the computer.There is Realtek RTL8139/810 Family Fast Ethernet NIC (message says it is unplugged. It was pre installed on computer so not sure how or why it is unplugged) there is also Wireless SoftAP version 2.0.17.0. I have used this with no problems in the past, but now I have the following message: Status: Station mode, Adapter unplugged. It used to show as green in the taskbar and now is not. I have tried reinstalling but with no success. And the following I have no idea what exactly it is, it is 1394 Net Adapter and it says connected, it has always been there and has always said connected.
I am sorry I am not more technical in my descriptions, but if anyone has the patience to help I would be very grateful.

frenchdoll 14:51 30 Mar 08

No help bizee but in a similar position. Since being in France I have been using a Belkin wireless adaptor successfully for 5 months. The connection recently failed and it appears that my USB2.0WLAN has no driver and I cannot find one - even on Internet. I even downloaded Driver Genius [and paid for it] because it identified the fault but the driver it downloaded did not work. Help!

ambra4 15:47 30 Mar 08

“It is 1394 Net Adapter and it says connected”

Is for firewall connection you can disable

“Realtek RTL8139/810 Family Fast Ethernet NIC (message says it is unplugged)

It was pre installed on computer so not sure how or why it is unplugged”

If Ethernet cable is not connected or card is disable it will say unplug check in device manager if there is any yellow question marks on any hardware and install drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…