Wireless network - channel conflict

Evolution 16:09 12 Jun 06

I've just posted a thread regarding my wireless network dropping out frequently and have been advised that it could be a channel conflict with another unsecured network that is in range.

I have been advised to change the channel on my Draytek router and pc.

How do I do this?

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:15 12 Jun 06

Your router should have a homepage or somewhere you can go to configure it. You must have used it when you set it up originally. There should be a configuration manager there.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:30 12 Jun 06

This should show up any networks you are receiving along with the channel numbers, if you need to reset your channel try and get a channel at least 6 away from others.
click here

ade.h 16:35 12 Jun 06

If you are having difficulties using the config UI, give me your exact model number and I'll have a look at the manual for you. (This really belongs in Networking, by the way).

rsinbad 17:30 12 Jun 06

you now have three threads runnind please use one oand close others

ade.h 19:21 12 Jun 06

As you have not responded, have you found the relevant setting? You have ticked this without giving any feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…