wireless network bundle wanted (advice)

Taw® 19:54 01 Mar 05

I have a small home wired network for me and the kids 3 PCs in all. I am looking to move to wireless. Would someone point me to where I can buy one bundle altogether without having to shop for this component or that. Systems all XP pro using 512 BB with Alcatel frog. Would probably be better getting an all in one adsl modem router, but advice appreciated. Before anyone directs me to ebuyer (very cheap but unfortunately their postage to NI is extortionate) All advice in this matter appreciated

Nelmon2k 20:56 01 Mar 05

My only advice is that if your buying a wireless network then try not to buy a US Robotics one. There products are very good when you get them working (Poor User Interface and initial setting up) but when I bought mine (I dont know whether this has changed) there was no integrated modem in built into the router. Its almost impossible now to get external ethernet DSL modem.

Magik ®© 22:04 01 Mar 05

I got my Voyager adsl wireless router from BT and the bits for each PC, the setup was all done in less than 15 minutes and i was ready to surf.

Forum Editor 23:52 01 Mar 05

Consumerwatch

The Kestrel 09:05 02 Mar 05

I am running a wireless network with 3 PCs. My PC is hard wired to a modem router (Netgear DG834G), and my wife's and son's PCs to the modem/router via USB wireless adapters. The netgear equipment is very easy to set up, coming with full, easy to understand instructions and all necessary software. I would recommend Netgear products.

Taw® 19:01 02 Mar 05

Thanks for that FE, all this time in the forum and I never even noticed a network forum!! Only ever used the helproom and consumer watch. Many thanks
The Kestrel will have a look at netgear

Strawballs 02:18 09 Mar 05

click here Take a look here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…