wireless network bridge??????

jacjay 17:10 05 Oct 07

I was trying to set up my belkin wireless intenet connection and somewhere along the way seem to have set up a network bridge. I have no idea what this is but it shows up in my control panel under network connections - when I try to 'repair' my network connection then it says I cant and i suspect this newtwork bridge has something to do with this. What is a network bridge and how do i get rid of it?

tullie 18:16 05 Oct 07

If you dont get answer,try the easy way,Google.

mgmcc 08:08 06 Oct 07

A "Network Bridge" consists of two or more network adapters that have been bridged.

Right click each adapter and select "Remove from Bridge". When they have all been removed, right click the Bridge itself and select Delete.

You can re-create the bridge by highlighting two or more network adapters and selecting "Bridge Connections". It can be useful with "Internet Connection Sharing" where there is a need for multiple network adapters for "client" PCs to connect to. The "Bridge" has the IP address 192.168.0.1 rather than the individual adapters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced