wireless network for aol

jcbman 14:08 05 Mar 05

after recently purchasing a dell notebook,and deciding to set up a wireless home network, i trundled off to pc world today to buy a wireless broadband router , a wireless card for the laptop and a usb adaptor for the pc(also dell).I saw what i thought was a suitable bt product which contained all three components.But on discussion with a service rep he told me to deal with aol direct as they had had compatibility probs in the past.problem being, Aol/thomson being almost £200 has anyone used anything else and been succesful.

nebuchan 15:44 05 Mar 05

Although it took a very very long time to set up due to odd settings on my comp, once we had cracked it the Belkin router works fine. You wont get any support from Aol for it, but the Belkin support is free. You have to follow both the belkin instructions and the aol instructions simultaniusly to set the thing up

jcbman 15:58 05 Mar 05

thanks nebuchan for your response, seems to be the concensus that if you dont buy the recommended netgear or thomson stuff that aol flog then it's a case of tough titties.i have found that i can buy the exact same equipment elsewhere(amazon)for 70 quid cheaper.so will probably go with this option .thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…