wireless network advise

sri2001 10:15 15 Aug 03

I am using brodband connection. I have one pc and one laptop i am currently using router to share internet connection. Now i want to share connection using wireless technology. I wanted to use bluetooth. Are there any problems with bluetooth wireless connection?

Please advise.

regards

Sri

fitshase 11:25 15 Aug 03

If you are wanting to share a broadband connection wirelessly with bluetooth then the major problem is that the range of bluetooth is only around 10m.

You would be better off going with Wi-Fi (802.11b or 802.11g). They will be a lot easier to set up, cheaper and have a greater distance.

Simply buy a wireless access point and plug it into your router, then buy a wireless PCMCIA card for the laptop and plug it in (make sure the access point and the PCMCIA card are of the same wireless standard - either 802.11b or 802.11g)

If you are running XP then use the networking wizard to sort out the settings.

This will be a lot better than going for a bluetooth solution.

Regards

Fitshase

p.s., there are a lot of users (myself included) of wi-fi who are members of this forum. If you have any problems with set up, you know where to come to post a question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…