Wireless network

nota-clue 04:03 24 Jun 08

I use I wireless laptop and when I go to Connect on the start menu it shows a unsecurred network.
I am sure that this is the house next door.
could this be a problem to them and if so what should they do.
I only ask because they are friends and would not like to think I did not help when I could.

WITH THE HELP AND ADVICE FROM ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM.

THANK YOU.

C3 05:39 24 Jun 08

Simple answer is yes, it is a problem and the answer is that they secure their network!

Find out what type of router they have and have a read through the instructions (this may be a book that was in the box or a PDF file on the install disc and follow the instructions on how to encrypt the signal.

If there isn't a manual, then go the manufacturers website and see if you can download the manual. If you still can't do it, come back to us with the Make and model of the router and I'm sure someone will be able to walk you though.

Taff™ 05:42 24 Jun 08

I suggest you tell them because it may be a problem, basically anyone could hook up to their internet connection and use it for free. There could also be issues if someone gained access to their computer system. They should secure their router with encryption asap.

Technotiger 07:45 24 Jun 08

It is also possible that your neighbour is fully aware already - if they are with BT they may have opted to allow their Broadband to become a open WiFi spot. Have you heard of Fon? click here

Still best to check with them though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…