WIRELESS NETWORK...

Mr K.Kong 21:24 21 Jan 07

Ive just set up a wireless network using a Linksys WRT54GS Router and a belkin usb network adapter. Im on NTL broadband using windows xp on my pc.

The problem im having is I also have a nokia n80 which ive enabled for WLAN connections, but when I try and send a picture to my pc it just hangs saying "waiting for devices". Now maybe im a little stupid, or maybe I have the network setup wrong but cant I send photos from my phone to my pc over wireless, or is there something else that I shouldve installed on my pc.

Hope someone can help as I have little hair left.

Many thanks

Ade

Strawballs 23:37 21 Jan 07

I don't know about the method that you are using but I use a USB Bluetooth dongle to comunicate between my PC's and mobile phone click here

mgmcc 08:38 22 Jan 07

I would think that, if you are sending files over the LAN, the computer would have to be set up for File & Printer Sharing in the same way as if you were networking two PCs.

If you go into "My Network Places" does the PC find the Nokia as a Networked device with a shared folder?

As Strawballs suggests, sending files by Bluetooth is probably the simpler method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…