Wireless Network

chaztait 21:30 14 Nov 05

Hi i have a Belkin wirelss router, and i have went thorugh the settings and i have no security for my wireless laptop, I have a Liksys Wireless-G notebook adaptor.

It connects to the router with not a problem but every...10-20 minutes it disconnects its self from the internet.

Could someone please tell me how to stop it disconnecting?

P.S It does not connect when i put any type of security on i have tried every type of security available on the router.

thanxs

chaztait

woodchip 21:47 14 Nov 05

All the settings are in your router, you have to access these by means of a Web page as you no doubt know. The security setting you setup in the router as to be matched in the wireless card Software on the Laptop or whatever you have the Wireless card in. there should be icon in system tray for the wireless software double click it and put the router settings into it.

The above may seam a bit rough and ready but that’s how they work

chaztait 21:48 14 Nov 05

Tried all that and it still does not connect for some reason?

woodchip 22:00 14 Nov 05

When you do the above you have to save settings then switch the Modem off and computers. leave five mins then start router when all ights on switch computer on and it should connect. That's what most people forget, that after changes you have to do the above

chaztait 22:02 14 Nov 05

Ok i will try that tomorrow. Then i will get back to use with my outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…