Wireless network

hargranules 10:43 28 Sep 05

I am going to install a wireless network tomorrow from scratch. It is a Netgear router and a belkin adapter for the laptop.
I used to work in a school with wireless network but did not install all myself. I would like a step by step simple guide to follow. Does anyone know where I can find good guide from the internet.

Thanks Sally

Taff36 10:46 28 Sep 05

Which Netgear Router?

hargranules 10:48 28 Sep 05

Netgear 54 router

freaky 10:53 28 Sep 05

hargranules 11:10 28 Sep 05

can't read response from 'freaky'

Taff36 11:14 28 Sep 05

This One? click here

hargranules 11:36 28 Sep 05

Not seen it yet, lady just said netgear 54 so I guess so.

I've just done the Microsoft tutorial thing on setting up network where it shows you how to work through network set up wizard.

Presume I install router on server before I run this then install adapter on laptop and run network wizard again on laptop or should I install router and adapter before running wizards.

Also I presume the router replaces their modem or not?

Taff36 11:56 28 Sep 05

I think th "54" relates to the 54 Mbs speed of the modem - check again and try to get the full model number. You can then go to the Netgear Link I gave you and find the manual for the correct router. The Netgear sit also has extensive set up and troubleshooting links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…