Wireless with Netgear Router.

Clairelouise 16:47 09 Oct 07

I am having problems connecting to the internet using my router. I think i may have changed some settings after which i reset the router.

My laptop picks up the Netgear signal and connects, but as local only and not local and internet. I have tried reseting the wireless on my laptop and connecting again and i can only get local only.

It used to work fine before, but i was setting up wireless on my pc and needed the network key. I changed some settings on the netgear connection on the laptop however deleted them and made a new connection to netgear.

Is there anyone that can help with this or some advice?

Thanks

Ashrich 23:37 09 Oct 07

Maybe this is a silly question , but after resetting the router , did you re-enter all your connection details ( user name , password and other essential connection details ? I assume you are using Vista as you say " local only " ( although it shouldn't make any difference what OS you use when setting a router up ) but it might help to know . What make and model is the wireless router and who are you connecting to ...? ps . my desktop that I am on now says " local only " but obviously IS connected to the Internet , but it often does that !

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…