Wireless Net sharing files/printers

curly 12:50 25 Jan 04

I have now networked two computers to a broadband connection. They are both capable of accessing the net individually.
How do I configure them so that they may share files and computers?

jgosden 13:01 25 Jan 04

I am having exactly the same problem, i think. I can access the web however even though files are shared am not able to access them, bit confused any help would be appitated by anyone, been told to put user names and passwords the same on both computers still having problems though

Stowit 13:39 25 Jan 04

On my network (P2P) running Millenium, in the home networking wizard in My network places has the option of file & printer sharing. I think if you run the wizard on the Pc with the printer you can allow it there. I seem to recall installing printeer software on my other Pc, & then telling it that printer was on the network - I believe this is in an option in the add printer in the printers folder. I'll scratch my head & see if I can remember what I did.

curly 15:20 25 Jan 04

Thank you Stowit. Both Godsen and myself would be very gratetul to hear further from you after your 'head scratching' exercise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…