Wireless-N Dual-Band Vs Single Band

terrym 00:06 29 Dec 09

I have a BT Voyager 2110 Wireless ADSL Router connected to my PC and want to add a wireless USB wireless adapter to my laptop. OS on both is XP, is there a preferred type of USB adapter I should buy. I have looked at Netgear RangeMax Wireless-N
USB 2.0 Adopter WN111 and I also see that there is a Dual-Band Adopter that give a wider band coverage, which would be best and compatible for my
BT Voyager Router etc. I would appreciate some advise before I buy.

User-1229748 00:24 29 Dec 09

you would be needing a wireless n router to see any improvement in coverage and the like.and even then apparently some wireless n routers work better with some adapters than others or so the manufacturers would have you believe.

terrym 13:29 30 Dec 09

The Dual-Band Adopter is also Wireless N, Is it better to go for Duel Band over single, and is there a noticable marked inprovement?

User-1229748 13:39 30 Dec 09

i've been looking at bt voyager and i can't find one that is wireless n.if the router isn't wireless n then it won't make a jot of difference as it will only use b/g anyway.

terrym 13:56 30 Dec 09

The bt voyager doesnt' say it is N.
Dont understand what you mean in your comment by '.. b/g ..'
Cheers

User-1229748 14:04 30 Dec 09

if the bt voyager is not wireless n then a wireless n adapter will only use 802.11b/g and not 802.11/n so you would be better off just buying a 802.11b/g wireless adapter.

User-1229748 14:29 30 Dec 09

for instance this would seem to fit the bill,havn't looked thru the reviews though to see if any problems with bt voyager click here

Woolwell 15:46 30 Dec 09

smackheadz is correct. The BT Voyager 2110 specs state b and g only not n standard. There would be no point in adding a Wireless N adaptor to the laptop.
Does the laptop already connect wirelessly? If so are you trying to improve the connection speed?

User-312386 16:28 30 Dec 09

Cant see the point using ndraft unless your streaming to other PC's with it. If not just get normal b/g router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…