wireless mouse /Standby

charles60 15:30 28 Oct 10

My PC is now going into "Standby/Sleep mode" fine now. But what I want is when i press the mouse button i want it to come out of standby or sleep mode. I have gone into BIOS and put Mouse Enabled but nothing happens. as i want this feature has anybody got any ideas where to go from here thanks. PS Also gone into device Manager and enabled the mouse there PSS I have a Logitech wireless mouse/ Keyboard.

I have a similar problem but I just hit the spacebar when that happens.

I have a similar problem but I just hit the spacebar when that happens.

charles60 16:22 28 Oct 10

Nothing tried what you said still stayed in standby MOde. This is what i did in BIOS hope this was the right way "Went to power in BIOS then down to APM Config then "Power up by P.S./2 mouse Enabled also done the same with keyboard still nothing

BT 16:53 28 Oct 10

PS2 mouse isn't a wireless mouse?

I find it much more convenient to NOT have it come out of Standby with the mouse as the slightest movement does it. A keypress is far more useful and the PC generally stays in Standby more reliably.

charles60 17:35 28 Oct 10

Ah proves how much I know about computers! My Keyboard is also wireless so how do i set that up to control the computer to come out of standby/sleep. On my Logitech keyboard there is a quarter moon symbol on one of the keys when i press that the computer goes into standby OK so how do i get it to bring the computer out of standby please

robin_x 17:35 28 Oct 10

Check your device's properties in Device Manager.

Specifically the power options that say "Allow this device to wake the computer"

But really...it maybe better left off for the mouse.

People moving round my house or traffic vibrations are enough to wake the computer via the mouse for me. And we are not elephants, nor is the traffic particularly heavy or near (75' away).

charles60 17:40 28 Oct 10

Done that still nothing got both the keyboard and mouse boxes ticked to wake the computer

BRYNIT 17:59 28 Oct 10

I think for a USB device to work when the computer is in sleep mode relies on the Motherboard capabilities. Have you checked that USB Mouse/KB and USB KB wake-up are enabled in the bios.

charles60 18:40 28 Oct 10

Sorry about this where to i find USB/keyboard mouse USB have gone into BIOS before Gone to power in the BIOS gone to "Went to power in BIOS then down to APM Config then "Power up by P.S./2 mouse Enabled also done the same with keyboard still nothing as my keyboard/mouse are Longitech wireless i don't know what to do now. i know i have a wireless dongle in one of my USB ports for the keyboard?mouse but that is far as my knowledge goes with this sort of thing i am very new to pcs and being a old fart a bit slow as well so please if there is a cure for this make it easy for me

BRYNIT 21:22 28 Oct 10

On my computer in the bios the USB Mouse/KB functions are under Integrated peripherals. USB KB was somewhere else in bios.

Just a thought if you are able to get into the bios using your wireless KB the KB option should alread be set.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant