wireless mouse problem

sunnystaines 14:34 11 Feb 09

we have a Microsoft mouse 6000 wireless had it a while problem free. but today stopped working changed the batteries no joy, get a haphazard jerky movement if we press the button on the usb blob that plugs in but as soon as we let go of this button the mouse fails to work.

deleted mouse in device manager rebooted no joy either, no problems shown in device manager either. the mouse is just over a year old. the mouse in the other pc is serial so cannot swap them over no serial socket on the other pc[laptop]

any ideas please.

Technotiger 14:57 11 Feb 09

Try the USB Sender in a different usb port.

sunnystaines 15:08 11 Feb 09

thanks for the reply. I had already tried in each usb port but no joy any other ideas please.

Technotiger 15:12 11 Feb 09

Probably a dead or dying Sender unit then.

sunnystaines 15:23 11 Feb 09

I had a feeling it might be something to do with the signal, not impressed with the short life of the product if that turns to be correct.

skidzy 15:37 11 Feb 09

click here try the Intellipoint software Sunny.

skidzy 15:41 11 Feb 09

Sorry Sunny,this one click here

Technotiger 15:44 11 Feb 09

I have a very similar Mouse, but from Logitech - the V400 Laser Cordless. Have had mine a few years, running fine still.

sunnystaines 16:10 11 Feb 09

just tried the software but no good either, thanks for the post.

iarno 16:10 11 Feb 09

If your up to it. Have a look inside both mouse and sender unit. Look for either a broken contact or a speck of dust/dirt on contacts. Ive had mine now for 4 years and its happened twice with mine. one was a loose solder joint, very hard to find had to use a magnifing glass and then resoldered joint and all was OK.Mine is a Logitech.

I.

skidzy 16:39 11 Feb 09

Are you using this mouse on the desktop Sunny or the Lappy ?

Ive been using MS mice for years now and have never had this problem.

You are synchronizing with the base station and the small button on the bottom of the mouse ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now