Wireless mouse not working

Rhuddlan 19:42 22 Nov 05

Hi all, I brought a Labtec Wireless mouse a few weeks ago from Argos, it worked fine up until yeseterday, one minute all was fine and the next it wasn't working at all! Have changed batteries, re installed the device and tried it in a different USB port, but nothing works. In device manager there are no problems being reported, anyone help? I have thrown the recipt away as it's a few weeks old now and has been working fine before yesterday, so I didn't need to keep it.

Rhuddlan 20:06 22 Nov 05

Tried connecting the device via a conncector and then via PS2, but still no joy. The red light underneath the mouse is red which is what it's meant to be, like I said it's only about 2-3 weeks old and the batteries are meant to last 2-3 months, any ideas?

amonra 20:16 22 Nov 05

Dont know about Labtec, but my last wireless mouse had a reset button hidden under the batteries. Have a look and see if yours has one. Press to reset and posible reinstal the drivers, Good luck, mine went in the bin !

VoG II 20:27 22 Nov 05

Just managed to drop my Microsoft one :o(

All the lights come on but it steadfastly refuses to work. I've had to use an old one with tail and ball. Boo hoo.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:58 22 Nov 05

Rhuddlan
Usually need resetting after battery change
look for buttononmouse andbutton on reciever

VoG™

Try the drop test again, often works

:0)

Rhuddlan 22:41 22 Nov 05

My reciever hasn't got a button on, have re set the button on the mouse but again no luck, thanks for the help, will keep trying. Greatful for anymore suggestions.

Jaro 22:46 22 Nov 05

it looks like that the best option for u is go to argos and replace it with a new one u will not have a prob with that i hope.

Rhuddlan 17:25 23 Nov 05

I could try that, but like I said I have no recipt as it worked fine for the first couple of weeks and I thought it would continue to, so I threw the recipt away. Will try and then report back.

Stuartli 18:01 23 Nov 05

Do you have to press a button on the receiver?

I have a wireless keyboard and optical mouse and, after each change of batteries, a sequence has to be followed to programme each unit again. I have to press buttons on both units and, in between, on the receiver.

Did you get a manual?

freaky 18:35 23 Nov 05

I presume you are talking about a Wireless Optical Mouse, rather than a Cordless normal mouse.

Optical Mice are now looking a bit long in the tooth now, and the newer Laser Mice have excellent reports. In fact I bought a Logitech G5 Laser Mouse last week, this uses a USB(2) connection and am very pleased with it. There is a more expensive version the G7, this has rechargeable batteries instead. Both of these are supplied with tuning software, and also a box of weights - used to set the balance and feel of the mouse.

Stuartli 20:14 23 Nov 05

A4Tech has a battery free wireless optical mouse range...:-)

click here

and has had for quite a while.

Many of the keyboards and/or mouse products you buy from top brands are actually rebranded A4Tech products. See if you can spot yours...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…