Wireless mouse ( and keyboard) odd response

jonem81 23 Jul 12

I have a modern PC with wireless mouse and keyboard. I find that the very first time I use the mouse or keyboard, there is no response. The first input leaves a blank, and I have to repeat the entering of the word. Most times I double tap the mouse just to 'make it aware', and it's OK after that, but it is very annoying when I forget this, type in a password, for instance, and told that my password is wrong! The keyboard and mouse have both charged batteries, so it's not that. These came with the HP p6539uk PC, Intel i5, 500HDD, with Windows 7 Home Premium. jonem81

chub_tor 23 Jul 12

Some wireless mice and keyboards have a sleep function to save the batteries, you should have software supplied with the mouse and keyboard where might be able to change this.

jonem81 23 Jul 12

chub_tor Thanks, I will look for my Setup disk. jonem81

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message