Wireless mouse internet problem?

Totally-braindead 14:26 19 Apr 03

This is a new one to me but I just purchased an A4 cordless optical mouse. I found it a great improvement much more accurate than my old optical mouse ( due to higher dpi). Anyway I've been getting continually cut off when on the internet, racked up a large amount of expensive (50p a minute) calls to Freeserve Technical Support and I just couldn't work out why I kept getting disconnected. Guess what, its the mouse. I've gone back to the old optical mouse and the problem has vanished. Can anyone tell me if they've had a similar problem with a cordless radio based product and out of curiousity what causes this. I presume there is something in my computer which doesn't like the frequency of the radio waves and cuts me off the internet. Also has anyone out there got a similar product which causes no problems which I could purchase as a replacement. Thanks all in advance.

woodchip 14:41 19 Apr 03

It will be the settings in the software, mouse in task bar double click and set the buttons to what you want them to do. I have just got one from Lidl Supermarket 5 button Typhoon RF rechargeable but am having second thought about it, as it feels like a Brick it's that heavy it as a docking station for keeping it charged

Totally-braindead 15:27 19 Apr 03

Thanks for your input woodchip but I can't agree with what you're saying. Its not like I use a certain mouse button or command and it knocks me off the internet, I can use the mouse normally for different periods of time sometimes just 2 or 3 minutes sometimes up to half an hour before I get cut off. I can't see what difference changing the actions of the mouse buttons would do. Anyway its setup at the default setting as my old optical mouse is, it must be something to do with the mouse being cordless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now