//some 3rd party need geo

Wireless mouse eating batteries

GileyD 21:22 13 Jun 06

My new HP pc came with a wireless keyboard and mouse which is really useful. However the two AA batteries the mouse came with only lasted about a month, and the cheapy pound shop specials we replaced them with have lasted less than a week!!

Looks like I'll have to start using rechargeables, but are wireless mice in general heavy on battery power? My wife does work from home and I surf a lot in the evening so the pc in question is probably being used for about 5 hours a day on average.

Danoh 01:26 14 Jun 06

Yes, much more then the wireless keyboard.
Every movement of the mouse uses power, not just clicking on icons.
Change to 2000+ maH rechargeables a.s.a.p. before the bank manager calls :-)

E.g. click here or click here

chub_tor 12:11 15 Jun 06

Some time ago I switched to the Microsoft Wireles Intellimouse which guarantees a minimum of 6 months battery life click here inpractise I haven't changed the batteries (generic alkalines)in over a year.

Danoh 12:54 16 Jun 06

I have the Notebook version of the same MS mouse ~ has smarts to turn down/off the optical sensors when not in use.
So not all wireless mouse are the same.
Depends if that is sufficient for GilleyD to justify a new purchase or just get rechargeables for the current set.

GileyD 19:28 16 Jun 06

I have a fair few sets of rechargeable batteries and a charger anyway as they're needed for cameras, kids toys etc, so I'll just start using them.

At least I know it's not a fault with my mouse!!

wky 12:09 17 Jun 06

I used wireless mice for a year and just decided to use wired as i will never have to buy batteries again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…