Wireless Modems

Spr 23:08 06 Sep 13

Does it matter where in the house the Wireless Modem, if I connect it to my Sky TV Box it will it interferer with my Internet programs, or do I need two Wireless Modems?

rdave13 23:26 06 Sep 13

One modem to router then router to wifi or lan (ethernet) connection. If not on cable then you will most probably have a modem/router that can supply wireless connection and lan connections.

Spr 11:16 07 Sep 13

I should have said Wireless Router rather than Wireless Modem

Sorry

Sorry

john bunyan 16:15 07 Sep 13

I ran a 25m telephone extension (with filter) from my entry BT to upstairs where I keep my desktop, then installed the wireless router there, with Ethernet to the desktop and wireless to two laptops and an iPad. House has thick walls but wireless signal good throughout - I may be wrong but it seems to work better installed higher up.

Woolwell 16:48 07 Sep 13

Why do you want to connect to Sky wirelessly? Or do you mean that your only router is near the Sky and you want to connect by cable to it. The internet should not be affected but may be slower if the router is also supplying other devices eg Sky.

Routers should have clear access. Solid walls, metal, etc can degrade the signal.

Unless you are on cable and are not talking about a wireless extender then I suspect you have Modem/Router which has wireless capabilities.

Spr 13:02 08 Sep 13

Problem solved thank you for the info

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017