Wireless Modem Router needed!

darkreign 04 Mar 11

Hi

My Belking N1 wireless modem router has gone haywire and I've spent a lot of hours with tech support to reach this understanding.

Been to PC and Currys but can't seem to find the same modem router! It was good and lasted me a couple of years. Now I need a new one for under £150 can you help me?

It's got to be wireless modem and router (no modem in my pc), has to be powerfull so I can use anywhere in the house. I'll be connecting a lot of things (wirelessly) to it, i.e printer, phone, ipad, laptop. Finaly, not toooo complicated to set up!

This is what I had: click here
Time for something better methinks??

Thanks

chub_tor 04 Mar 11

I switched from a Netgear to this one click here quite recently. Extremely simple to set up and has a pretty good range in my house, I also get a better connection speed with the Sitecom.

onthelimit 05 Mar 11

Is that all? My Thompson Speedtouch has been running faultlessly for 6 yrs. Linksys click here# also seem to get good reports on here.

ordep 05 Mar 11

High prase from Whitch? on these two.

click here

click here

darkreign 05 Mar 11

...Thanks all for your suggestions, but they don't seem to be a 2-in-1 (modem and router)...don't I need a modem to connect to the internet?

chub_tor - seems to be a router for cable (as oppose to phone line (adsl) connections! but the specs are good and I'll look into others from Sitecom.

onthelimit - again just a router! also only a 'G' standard (i think), my previous experiences with G modem routers was a lack of strength to send internet upto my bedroom.

ordep - sorry, but I've got an Ipad and Iphone and I'm not happy with Apples incompatibility with non-apple products without additional software. But the 'Linksys' looks pretty decent and i'll definitely have a look at the E3000 modem router (if there is one).

Thanks Peeps, but I ask again, do I not need a modem to connect to the internet? will a router do the job of replacing my Belkin?

chub_tor 05 Mar 11

Sorry, this is the one that I bought click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message