Wireless Modem Router

SURVEY 13:44 31 Dec 07

After a recent bad experience of trying to set up a Netgear 834GT router that may have been faulty but experiencing appalling 'customer service' from 'tech' staff who do not understand their own product, I am about to foary into buying anothet. I am looking for a wireless modem router that gives decent range, is straight forward to set up and perhaps most importantly has support staff who know their product, speak understandable English and have a freephone contact number (although hopefully no 'help' would be required).

Both my desktop and my laptop have wireless cards installed. Anyone any experience of a D-Link N300 that has a couple (only) of good reviews on Amazon?

Any suggestions?

VideoSentry 14:31 31 Dec 07

Try posting the full details of the fault and I am sure someone will help.
Brian

FreeCell 14:59 31 Dec 07

VideoSentry
Survey already had a thread for the faults click here

Survey
Support can be a problem and "freephone" is likley to be a stumbling block to your request.

Better rated modem/routers are Zyxel click here(cheap) and Draytek (expensive but very good)click here.

Can't vouch for support though. Have used a Thomson router and support is from Holland, but call costs can be high.

SURVEY 10:22 01 Jan 08

Thanks freecell. Freephone not that important I guess as long as not premium rate. Better not to have to use support!!

Fingees 10:32 01 Jan 08

I used Belkin

Warranted for life, free exchange if faulty, freephone support.

SURVEY 11:24 01 Jan 08

Fingees - Any problems with setup? Is the wireless range good? What model?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…