Wireless modem - basic question

stugra 15:26 18 Mar 03

Most of the wifi stuff I have been reading about relates to the setting up of a home network using broadband.

Can anyone give me details of a wireless modem that I could use to connect to the internet on an analogue line with the good old fashioned 56Kbps modem. One connection, one desktop PC - this is just because I do not want to install a telephone extension across my house??

Many thanks in advance.

tenor 15:31 18 Mar 03

Take a look at the belkin site.

stugra 15:50 18 Mar 03

I have looked at the Belkin site and this is what I mean about broadband - I can't see anything other than wireless broadband routers.

I'm after good old slow 56Kbps connection!

Any ideas anyone else please??

medicine hat 16:03 18 Mar 03

Is this the kind of thing you're after?

click here

tenor 16:16 18 Mar 03

Looks good,but bet its not cheap.Reason i said belkin is cos i had one.must not do it anymore?

stugra 09:14 19 Mar 03

Have found a possible solution not that far away in the end with a BT product that is available for about £100 and includes a phone and answering machine as well.
Also, can't seem to find the above linked item available in this country.

If anyone is interested:

click here

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…