Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse XP problem?

Epirb406 21:20 13 Feb 06

Hi all,

Have just transfered contents of my pc case to a new box with a new motherboard,

I have moved from a PC Chips to MSI Motherboardbut have changed no other components.

I am now having problems with two items.

I cannot get my logitech cordless keyboard and mouse to connect. I have read upo a good few posts on this and have got nowhere.

I cannot use the keyboard and mouse in XP BUT I can use the keyboard to access BIOS, why?

Thanks, Epirb.

VoG II 21:23 13 Feb 06

Are they connected by USB? They may not be recognised until Windows has loaded.

007al 21:24 13 Feb 06

Have you looked in device manager to see if they are recognised?
Have you uninstalled the drivers for the PC Chips motherboard before installing the MSI board,or was it a fresh install of windows?
I would re-install the keyboard and mouse drivers if everything else is ok

Epirb406 21:32 13 Feb 06

VOG, no, both by PS2 albeit one with an adapter. But point is that I can access bios with the keyboard, before usb drivers are loaded but not after when XP is loaded.

007al, I cannot access device manager when they are connected as I have no control over PC. Formatted C: drive with old Motherboard and did a complete new install when everything installed on new board.

Epirb

007al 22:13 13 Feb 06

Was the mouse and keyboard working when you installed windows?

007al 22:15 13 Feb 06

What i meant by that is,you were able to key on the windows code and everything?

Epirb406 22:15 13 Feb 06

Did the install with plug in KEyboard andf mouse as was aware there may have been issues with wireless when starting from scratch

Epirb.

Epirb406 22:25 13 Feb 06

Sitting here fiddling with every possibility and discover that if I unplug the mouse and rebootthe wireless keyboard will work, on this basis I can run wired mouse and wireless keyboard....????

Epirb

Epirb406 22:33 13 Feb 06

The same is true of the mouse- it will work on it's own but not plugged in with its wireless friend.

Is this drivers or ......?

Thanks, Epirb.

007al 23:16 13 Feb 06

Uninstall and re-install the driver,see if theres a change.
Do you have the wired versions plugged in at the same time?

Epirb406 19:08 14 Feb 06

I have removed software and removed devices, reinstalled and reconnected but the fact remains, I can have any of the following:

PS2 WIred Mouse and PS2 Wireless keyboard,
PS2 Wireless Mouse and PS2 Wired Keyboard,
PS2 Wireless Mouse and USB Wireless Keyboard.

BUT NOT:

WIreless PS2 Mouse and Wireless PS2 Keyboard, as manufacturer intended.

Any clues?

Thanks, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…