Wireless link between mediaplayer & PC

Lovepeaceguru 13:59 15 Jan 06

I'm sure this should be very simple. But dunderhead here can't get it right!

I have a PC which links to a Thomson Speedtouch 580 router through the network card.

I also have a D-Link DWL-120+ USB adapter in the PC.

I have a D-Link DSM-320 media player in the lounge.

It's hardly a network is it?

Originally, I was going to connect PC to router by an ethernet cable (That's the way it's always been) and simply ask the router to connect with the media player.

Of course I got involved in putting the USB adapter in the PC but let's just forget that now. I've had the PC communicating wirelkssly with the router (they are only four feet apart) and my mediaplayer must at sometime been on the network bbecause it's managed to find the same neworks as the PC has when scanning. But I just can't get the router to find a media server. Also I'm confused about which network is which. There are these weird names like "TCG_JHEP" but is that a network from my router, my USB adapter or (just to confuse things) from the D-Link DI-634M router (not an ADSL modem) that I had in my office for short while.

I've tried configuring with the Microsoft wizard and D-Links own but I'm baffled. Is it just that the mediplayer can't pick up the router's signal? They're only about 25 feet apart through two walls.

I'd be so grateful if someone could help!

kinger 16:54 15 Jan 06

Are you using encryption?

This can cause problems with the media player.

It may well find your rounter but the features won't work.

Stopping encryption cured by media player problems but it was a little risky using the Internet without it.

Lovepeaceguru 13:10 16 Jan 06

Thank you Kinger. I'll try that and let you know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…