wireless laptop wont pick up connection!!!

cheesed off 13:56 04 Dec 08

hi i have just purchased a zoostorm fizzbook childrens laptop for my son for xmas.its wireless enabled .it wont pick up a signal for my home broadband but did pick up someone elses. i have tried allsorts and am ready to scream .any help would be greatly appreciated

woodchip 14:02 04 Dec 08

You Do have A wireless Router I presume? If yes then go into Router Setup Page and setup Wireless Configuration set as WPA Encryption not Wep.

You need to write down the SSID and Encryption Password as you will need at least the Encryption one to put into the Laptop

Chitterlow 15:20 04 Dec 08

Hi Guys. I too can't get my new Toshiba laptop or my Medion desktop wirelessly connected to my Sky broadband. It does sometimes connect but it is very slow and then disappears after a few seconds. I do of course have a wireless router and both computers are enabled. After endless phone sessions with sky support, trying all sorts of tricks like switching off anything that could be interfering like cordless telephones etc I still can't get connected. In the end Sky say they are going to send me a different router but I'm not convinced that will work as I feel it may be down to setting of some kind. Can anybody help me?
Chitterlow

woodchip 15:56 05 Dec 08

You are using someone else's thread, the right thing would be to start your own. But try first looking in Device Manager under Network Adapters\Power Management make sure there are no boxes ticked on saving power. as this will turn of you Wi-Fi.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…