wireless on laptop turns on and off

Minarana79 12:05 PM 07 Jul 11

My laptop's wireless connection keeps turning on and off, it connects to the internet for around 2 seconds then the wireless icon on my Advent 1000 laptop turns off. I have tried turning the router off for 10 seconds and also turning laptopmoff but its still the same, the problem has only started occuring yesterday after having this laptop for over a year. Please could someone help

mgmcc 12:15 PM 07 Jul 11

Try running System Restore back to before the problem arose, in case a setting in the registry has become messed up.

Minarana79 12:37 PM 07 Jul 11

I spilled water on top of the laptop which was closed but i doubt that could have led to my wireless connection not working. The wireless icon on my laptop flashes blue on and off and the bars on the (im not sure what its called) the connection are all full but then a red x appears on it and ive lost connection. Nothing really had changed when this occured, i was browsing the internet when it started doing this out of the blue but thanks i will try the system restore. Thanks for that

proudfoot 15:49 PM 07 Jul 11

Try changing the wireless channel you are using someone nearby may be using the same channel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11