wireless laptop problem

daveblue222 21:05 04 Feb 07

hey, just got a laptop and a linskys wireless router box connected to my PC. my laptop has an internal network card to connect to the router. i run the installation disc and all goes well. i set up a password for the connection and everything works fine. However after X amount of time I will lose internet on both PC and laptop.

I made sure nothing got switched off i.e modem, router. it appears to happen for no reason. I then have to unconnect everything and start again.

maybe theres someway of saving the settings?,might it be an incomeing telephone call is disconnecting the line??

any suggestions would be great

-dave

dms05 08:11 05 Feb 07

Bit confused. Are you on Broadband. Are you using Internet Sharing - you shouldn't need to be. You say you're laptop has an internal network card - is that the LAN card or a mini-PCI WiFi card?

Can your Laptop connect to the Internet whilst your PC is turned off?

Ashrich 19:06 05 Feb 07

Incoming phone call shouldn't be a problem unless you have got dodgy filters on your phone sockets ( you have got filters , haven't you ? ) Also , what ADSL modem do you have ? .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…