Wireless laptop not working after power cut

loopyloo 12:59 30 Apr 08

I had a power cut yesterday and I have come to use my laptop wirelessly via a router and it will not connect. The lights are showing on the router and I have unplugged and plugged back in the router and the same with the modem but still I can't connected to the internet wirelessly. Is there anything else I can do or has the power cut ruined the router.

splatter 13:37 30 Apr 08

Can you connect using your ethernet or USB lead?

If so then ensure that the wireless setting all match up. It's possible that your router has reset all setting so that if you have changed any WEP keys they may have been set to default.

You may also find that your admin username/password has been reset to the default.

My internet access is limited at the moment and am only able login every few days so if that doesn't work I'm sure somebody else can help you.

It would also help if you could tell us what model your router is.

Jay

loopyloo 14:54 30 Apr 08

I have finally resolved the problem. I reinstalled the router software again and everything seems to be working ok at the moment. Thank you anyway for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…