Wireless laptop internet connection problem

scoobydoo12 18:12 16 Apr 07

Hi does anyone know what this message means? I have limited or no connectivity to the internet am using livebox which has been fine until a couple of days ago when I got the message 'access point has failed. do you want to unpair your hardware. You should activate the pairing mode on your access point for the reconnection. I haven't a clue what this means. Also been getting problems with ip address as it isn't being recognised. Any help appreciated.

Technotiger 18:24 16 Apr 07

Hi, I had very similar problem recently, solved it by doing a System Restore back to before any problem occurred.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:27 16 Apr 07

'access point has failed. do you want to unpair your hardware. You should activate the pairing mode on your access point for the reconnection.

What lights are lit on the livebox?

1 Failure light
2 Internet Service light
3 Local LAN Traffic light
4 Telephone light
5 Wireless light

Lights 2, 4,5(bottom light) should be lit.

You can pair the livebox with your wireless card/ dongle by pressing button 1
On the back of your Livebox you will find two buttons labelled 1 and 2:

functions of the buttons

1 Press the button to put your Livebox into pairing/association mode, so you will be able to connect a new wireless device.
On the back of your Livebox you will find two buttons labelled 1 and 2:

2 Press this button to turn the flashing logo light ON or OFF (feature not available on all Liveboxes).

Press button 1 light 5 will flash for 10 minutes the livebox shpuld then connect to you wireless device in our PC.

scoobydoo12 19:10 16 Apr 07

Have only got lights 2 and 5 lit. Do I need original disc to install again?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:39 16 Apr 07

Don't worry about 4 it just means the telephone socket is enabled.

Can you connect to the internet if you plug the Cable into the RED xocket and into the ethernet (Lan) connection on your PC?

scoobydoo12 20:02 16 Apr 07

If I take the ethernet cable out I may not be able to get on internet on pc and cable won't fit into the red socket

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:16 16 Apr 07

Ok if its working by ethernet but not by wireless... then to get working by wireless

click here

This should connect you tpo the livebox configuration page.
click on
Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password).

Username Admin
Password Admin

click OK

Click on
Configuration
Advanced
Wireless
If the green dot is in WEP or WPA security
Tick the circle WPA only
click submit

Close IE and remove the ethernet cable then try and reconnect using the wireless setting.

If it doesn;t work then just plug the ethernet cable back in.

scoobydoo12 20:28 16 Apr 07

Do I have a username and password?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 16 Apr 07

If you have never set one the NO

the default username and password is Admin for both

scoobydoo12 21:05 16 Apr 07

Do you work for orange? As you have probably gathered I feel out of my depth if the computer doesn't work just as I want it to.

scoobydoo12 21:32 16 Apr 07

Have tried clicking on livebox configuration on laptop and it just brings up internet explorer page cannot display the web page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…